Wednesday 3 July 2013

Beginner candle - einwintern your sailboat

I don't like to admit it, but here in the Northeast as soon as you reach November low temperature air and water like a stone, and unless you have a wet/dry suit, is time to put the boat for the winter. Which leads to really do what is worse that in November, the winds are very impressive and blows constantly. However reluctantly, I put my boat for the winter and thought to share with you how I did it. First I'm going to do everything from sailing as pillows, anchors, ropes, wants to do and more importantly the 12 volt battery that I use to run auxiliary lights. Also make sure that the main arm of candles completely dry until it is formed during the winter. Save most of all like sails in the basement and some other things, like the pillow in my shed.

My next concern is sure that water out of the hull of the boat is a draw as in the area of the cabin and the other in the cabin area, has no. In the cabin is like a hole without pump sump pump and I have to use a vacuum to remove water that has accumulated, otherwise it would freeze and cause that significant damage to the fiberglass hull.

Tip of the candle in this year I also advantage, a nice warm day lighting then the trailer to move my followers, so I now tip, water comes in the trailer are deep low at the beginning of my boat. If moving, I would not be at the tip of the trailer from the ramp of the ship hit the lights, and that damage. I was glad that I took me around now, rather than waiting until next spring, if I stay with candle, in contrast with the installation of lights at this time.

Once I the sailboat with a canvas cover everything out of the boat, large enough to cover from the stern to the bow. He said the canvas with ropes bungee, trailers, to sustain it. The mast and BOOM are used as well as a coffee table, if you want to, a canvas roof in the upper part of the ship makes it to scale easily from water and snow. Also cover the boat winch with a piece of pipe, that naturally curls around it and seat cover towing hitch with a bucket of 5 gallon also dry and slip through the characteristics of the voltage of metal. I have 3 cats of rv, I use to ensure the trailer by the weight of the snow load, that can accumulate during the winter. I have one of the guys in the center of the long trailer tongue and two back on each side of the frame of the trailer, the damage is to avoid that additional snow weight. Wet snow and ice can be very difficult and could emphasize weight frame trailer beyond its borders.

No comments:

Post a Comment